Education Working Group
The focus of the Education Working Group (EWG) is on identifying and advancing educational projects that foster inter-disciplinary understanding and respect among professions. These projects inform students, practitioners, educators and the public about the role of interprofessional education in the advancement of integrative healthcare values and practices. EWG supports interprofessional education among the ACCAHC disciplines as well as the broader healthcare community. Members of the EWG are faculty and administrators from ACCAHC member organizations and members of the ACCAHC professions with an interest in creating educational content and programs which foster cross-disciplinary understanding. The most significant work from September 2009-June 2011 was a collaboration with the Clinical Care Working Group relative to developing, and then creating materials to support, Competencies for Optimal Practice in Integrated Environments.
- Dale Healey, DC, PhD Dean, College of Undergraduate Health Sciences, Northwestern Health Sciences University; Board Member, ACCAHC
- Nichole Reding, MA, CPM, LDM Board Member, Midwifery Education Accreditation Council; Academic Coordinator, Birthingway College of Midwifery; Board Member, ACCAHC
Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine
- Beth Howlett, DAOM, LAc Faculty, Oregon College of Oriental Medicine
- Hong Jin, LAc Chair of the Oriental Medicine Department, Vice Chair of the Faculty Senate, Oregon College of Oriental Medicine
- Ezra Cohen, DC Asst Dean, Chief Academic Officer, Dept. of Clinical Sciences, National University of Health Sciences
- Rob Scott, DC, PhD, MEd Vice President for Academic Affairs, Life University
- Michael Wiles, DC, MEd, MS Dean of Clinics, Texas Chiropractic College
- Dawn Hogue, MA, CMT Chair, Commission on Massage Therapy Accreditation; Senior Administrator, Cayce/Reilly School of Massotherapy
- Carolyn Tague, MA, CMT Owner, Tague Consulting; Massage therapist, Laguna Honda Hospital; Education Committee, Society for Oncology Massage; Practitioner and Educator, Degriefing /Integrative Grief Therapy.
- Jennifer Johnson, ND Associate Dean for Clinical Affairs, Bastyr University
- Stan Dawson, DC, LMT, Board Member, Alliance for Massage Therapy Education (AFMTE)
- Stacy Gomes, EdD Vice President for Academic Affairs, Pacific College of Oriental Medicine
- Jan Schwartz, MA Founding Member, ACCAHC; Past-Chair, Commission on Massage Therapy Accreditation